1. I do not need you to be perfect. I need to know I can rely on you.
2. You do not have to always be in a good mood. When we work together, we can be positive about the future.
3. I do not need you to feel my pain. I just want you to understand that life can get in the way at times, and provide guidance to get back on track.
4. I do not need you to talk all the time. I need you to look, listen and ask, to understand my job and what I do. Do not assume you know.
5. I do not need you to micromanage. Coach me so I can do a better job. Trust me that I want to be the best I can be.
6. It doesn’t matter if you were at the top of your class, just so you are at the top of your game with the tough decisions.
7. It doesn’t matter what you look like just so you like you. This makes you more accepting of everyone else.
8. It matters if you eat lunch or have a break. I want you to stay tuned in to what we need. Please take care of yourself so we can model that and take care of ourselves.
9. I know the competition may be serious, but you (and work) does not have to be. Let’s take a walk on the lighter side of life, just for a moment.
10. I may be older or younger, seem out of touch, or out of shape; I just hope you recognize I make a contribution every day. Being recognized is very important to me.
This article was inspired by my many clients who want to be recognized, seen, and appreciated by their boss.
Being a leader is a commitment to personal growth; the more you develop your self awareness, the more influence you will have.
Coaching is the fastest approach to change. Click below and schedule a complimentary consultation.
Did you enjoy this post? Please share it to Pinterest!
Performance Consultant. Unleashing potential in leaders and organizations through innovative performance development.